In the middle of the summer holidays, Caminos y Puentes Federales (Capufe) reported an increase in the prices of the Mexico-Acapulco toll booths, due to the increase in inflation.
According to Capufe, this is a 3.2% increase in the Mexico-Acapulco corridor. The National Infrastructure Fund (Fonadin) announced that an adjustment was applied depending on each vehicle.
How much do the booths from CDMX to Acapulco cost?
- Tlalpan México – Cuernavaca: price of 122 pesos for car.
- Cuernavaca-Alpuyeca: 77 pesos.
- Paso Morelos (Guerrero): 164 pesos.
- Palo Blanco Chilpancingo-Tierra Colorada: 151 pesos.
- La Venta Tierra Colorada-Acapulco: 133 pesos.
- Maxitunnel: cost of 101 pesos.
According to the data, with the new increase the charge for a car that leaves Mexico City bound for Acapulco, and vice versa, went from 647 to 669 pesos (81% of the cost corresponds to the Cuernavaca-Acapulco section and the rest to Mexico -Cuernavaca).
This means that the driver must pay more than 600 pesos for the trip to the Guerrero coast. If we consider the same route to return, then the total balance will be more than 1,400 round trips just in toll charges.
The estimated time to reach the coast from Mexico City is 4 hours and 54 minutes, at a moderate speed from CDMX.
While some other increments are:
- Casetas México-Querétaro: 166 pesos.
- Caseta México-Cuernavaca: 126 pesos.
- Caseta Tres Marías: 45 pesos.